New Member Incentives & Member Specials
The SCCPA Board and particularly our Membership Director, Dr. Beverly Floresca, would like to announce a whole slew of new membership incentives and specials (see below). We know that you, as members, love SCCPA. We would like to spread the love this year to as many psychologists and mental health professionals as possible this year. We are a social activism engine this year, standing up for the rights of humans in Santa Clara County and beyond. We love the enthusiasm we are receiving and the participation level of members who want to be involved in myriad ways such as:
Marching in protest marches that align with our values of protecting human rights and the psychological welfare of all.
- Volunteering to provide pro-bono therapy to Spanish speakers
- Volunteering to provide pro-bono therapy to veterans, victims of the recent shootings, fires and other traumatic events
- Participating in phone banks
- Volunteering to be part of expert panels on gun violence and mental illness
- Interfacing with community agencies that provide help to targeted individuals and groups
And on and on…
Of course, not everyone is into the social activism aspect. Here are some of the member benefits you love the most:
- Our list serve- We discuss topics of interest, pose ethical questions, ask our colleagues for referrals to other professionals and treatment options and receive referrals from our colleagues.
- Our professional CE workshops-keeping us up to date and tuned in to what is in the spotlight in the profession of psychology
- The monthly Professionals Book club
- Our myriad of social events and networking events to meet and interact with colleagues
- The chance to be part of our many professional committees
- Our top-notch newsletter-The opportunity to read and contribute our written articles and other works.
- Fill in your personal favorite that I am forgetting
SCCPA is a thriving community! If you would like to encourage your colleagues to join us, here are some great membership offers:
MEMBER TO MEMBER SPECIAL:
- Any SCCPA member who refers someone to be a new member to SCCPA will get $100 off the SCCPA workshop of their choice. For this special, have the new member enter Workshop100.
- The new member you refer will get half off of the membership fee for the first year of their membership.
STUDENTS ROCK SPECIAL:
- New student members can join SCCPA for free if they join a SCCPA Committee. Have them useStudentsROCK as the promo code when they register.
NON-PROFIT AGENCY SPECIAL:
- Anyone that works for a Non-Profit serving the Santa Clara County community who has never been a member of SCCPA before can join for half price for the first year. Use AGENCY50 as the promo code. This includes all levels of membership.
- FULL MEMBER: Holder of a doctorate in psychology or an equivalent degree, or a psychologist licensed to practice in California. Full Members have all rights and privileges of SCCPA membership including the right to vote and serve on the Board of Directors. Note that Board positions also require CPA membership because SCCPA is a chapter of CPA. Full members may be eligible to have their profile included in the publicly searchable Find a Psychologist web site feature. Annual fee: $175. For any psychologist staff member of your agency they can now join for $87.50.
- NEW DOCTORATE MEMBER: Holder of a doctorate in psychology granted three years or less prior to membership. New Doctorate Members enjoy the same rights and privileges as Full Members at a reduced membership fee. New Doctorate members may be eligible for their profile to be included in the publicly searchable Find a Psychologist web site feature. Annual fee: $95. Currently your staff member can join for the ultra-low first year cost of $47.50
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER: Holder of a master’s degree in a mental health discipline (e.g., LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) or a related degree (e.g., MD, JD, etc.). Associate Members have all rights and privileges of SCCPA membership except the right to vote or serve on the Board. Associate members are not eligible to have their profile included in the publicly searchable Find a Psychologist web site feature. Annual fee: $100. Currently your staff member can join for $50.00